with kai being my exclusive go-to fragrance all year round for over fifteen years now, there was no question that giving birth to two babies would involve those children to have an immediate tie to this special scent. after all, kai is nearly embedded in my dna at this point. however, as a nervous first-time mom, when my daughter vivianna was born two and a half years ago, i thought a lot about whether it would be okay to use the kai products on her extremely sensitive, soft and supple "baby" skin, since the brand is primarily focused on marketing its line to adults. given that the ingredients used in all kai's products are formulated especially for sensitive skin, made of natural essences, and free of all harsh chemicals that could cause an allergic reaction for an adult or individual at any stage of life - i gave it a shot and was so pleased with the results.
- fill the bath with lukewarm water.
- optional: if your baby loves bubbles and is able to sit upright in the tub, squeeze 2 to 3 drops of the kai bathing bubbles into the tub right next to where the water is pouring in. also, optional: if your baby is fond of bath toys, i would recommend entertaining them with either legos or bpa-free, phthalate-free plastic bath toys (such as the skip hop brand) that are airtight and do not have holes (which cause potential mold from water entering and getting stuck inside after multiple uses).
- when the tub is 2/3 full, begin to use the kai body wash to cleanse your baby's skin. to make sure it creates a full lather, it is recommended to squeeze a penny size amount of the wash into the palm of your hand, dab an equal amount of water and rub your palms together to create a foaming wash. it is also optional to use a gentle terry cloth or baby's wash cloth for application. once you've lathered up the baby's skin with the foaming and cleansing body wash, fill a small cup with 4 ounces of water to rinse the baby's skin. apply the wash to the entire body in the same manner, avoiding the head but specifically the eyes and face.
- dab a penny size amount of the kai shampoo into the palm of your hand. apply this directly to the baby's hair, focusing primarily on massaging the middle of the head to work up a good lather and spread this lather throughout the hair, avoiding the forehead and eye area. when ready to rinse, place a small towel over the baby's eye region to avoid water and soap contact with the eye. use the small cup to repeat rinsing a few times to fully wash the product out of the hair.
- dab a penny size amount of kai conditioner into the palm of your hand. repeat the steps above for shampoo use.
- rinse baby from head to toe with lukewarm, pure water to make sure all the soap is removed, and their bath time is complete!